Monday, December 29, 2008

Missing - Randy Bobb

Every quest must have a Holy Grail. That one item that is almost totally out of reach.

For collectors of 1969 Cubs autographs that Holy Grail is Randy Bobb.

Bobb played just two short years of major league ball, both with the Cubs. He was in seven games in 1968 and three in 1969. He was hardly a high demand subject for autograph seekers either at the time he played or even after. The sad part for Randy is there wasn't much "after". He died in 1982. Needless to say autographs of any kind from Randy are scarce at best and those that are available fetch pretty high dollar. Add to the fact that my collection requires a signed 8x10 photo and I've set the bar quite high.

I have actually met a guy who had a signed photo of Randy Bobb. It was a candid photo but a signed photo nonetheless.

I guess I can hold out hope. My guess is, when I finally find that Randy Bobb autographed 8x10 photo my quest will be complete. Until that time....

No comments: